Saturday, March 10, 2012

Souper souped-up Saturday

Tonight, I begged Chef to go easy on my tummy and put in an order for soup. 20 minutes later, I got what I wanted ... and I think he did too. (I just confirmed with Chef, soup is what he wanted too.)

Super SOBA!
CSA-Asian soup - a soup like no other; a soup featuring a fusion of Asian influences; a soup utilizing fresh winter veggies; a soup...haha gotcha. Here's the ingredient break-down--
Japanese miso broth & buckwheat soba noodles combined with (home) made-in-Vermont Korean style kimchi. Other Asian influences include ginger, edamame (one more tick mark on the Japanese list), thai chili paste, Tamari, toasted sesame oil, and, as garnish, hot & spicy nori (seaweed - that's some real Sponge Bob stuff). I think Chef jammed in most of our CSA delivery from yesterday for the veggie elements - broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, radish, onion. And for an extra crunch and protein (not that kind of protein), Chef added some of our home-sprouted sprouts (freshly sprouted yesterday). The kimchi, nori, & chili paste gave the soup a lil' zap o' spice that I'm still feeling on my lips, but fully enjoying. This soup, this soup, I tell ya it was exactly the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment