Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a little rusty

I did something tonight that I hadn't done in a long time...I cooked. Go on, get your jokes in now - hahaha. Yes, we are still alive.

The Chef is on the mend, so I made soup. Just soup. Hey, its a start, alright! You must be thinking, "These people eat a lotta soup!" Its true, we do.

Le Soup de nuit - manhattan clam chowder. The only little kick was that instead of using white potatoes, I used sweet potatoes, because that was the only tater left. I can't believe we went through our cache of taters so quickly! Finished the soup with some fresh parsley, and scrumged it up. I know, you can't wait to have a meal that is scrumge worthy too.

My husband, the CHef, not only survived an operation today, he also survived my cooking! Viva Miguel!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Radish!!! Makes me want to crash your dinner "party".....Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it....You're really an undercover food critic for Bon Appetit magazine! Excellent job. It definitely gets my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete