Saturday, April 14, 2012

fish delish!

No shrooms tonight, fish instead.

Somedays, I honestly think, "Is this what it was like in the 50's when the mens of the house caught aromas of dinner as they careened up the walkway and into their homes?" I absolutely love it when I catch a nostril full of the Chef at work in the kitchen when I get home from the j-o-b. (Yes, I do know how spoiled I am!) And especially when that smell is garlic in the saute pan - - ooh garlic!

fish delish! salmon, spinach w/ricotta, and sweet potatothe menu tonight (Wednesday): oven roasted wild Pacific salmon (frozen) with dill. Dill, by the way, is so soothing and flavorful. Sauteed CSA spinach with crunchy garlic slivers and a petit CSA sweet potater. That white dollop atop the spinach: Chef's homemade ricotta. A nice little change-up to the spinach saute :) I know I have been an ultra snob bragging about freshly filet'd fish, but hey! what do we look like? We do what we can, when we can. I still maintain, and Chef agrees, go fresh when you can. In the battle of fresh v. frozen - fresh wins! But the wallet dictates, fresh or frozen...

avocado, en español: aquacateAnd as if all that wasn't enough (and it was), Chef tossed an ever amazing salad. Mixed CSA spring lettuces, including some unidentified herbaceous item, sliced CSA radishes, aquacate (mmm), goat cheese dollops, and cherry tomatoes.

A gut buster for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment